What does it mean for a product to be EPA registered to fight COVID-19?
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provided a list of recommended and approved disinfectants for our fight against COVID-19. The EPA has announced the emerging pathogen policy is now in effect, which means that if a disinfectant has a kill claim against a similar virus, it is suitable for disinfection against the emerging pathogen. Simply put, when a solid surface is coated with an EPA registered disinfectant for the specified dwell time, the chemical will effectively kill the COVID-19 virus.
Are you using the right tools to effectively fight COVID-19?
Though BGR has an array of disinfectants and other hygiene products to minimize your risk, we now stock 2 disinfectants that are EPA registered to fight COVID-19. Both Betco GE Fight Bac and Betco FastDraw pH7Q Dual Disinfectants have a specific kill-claim against COVID-19 virus.
GE Fight Bac RTU Disinfectant
GE Fight Bac RTU is a broad spectrum disinfectant cleaner. Its unique formula provides excellent cleaning performance on tough soils and leaves no residue on the surface. Ideal for cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces where germs readily spread such as desks, tables, door knobs and counters.
- Effective against COVID-19 virus (5 minute dwell-time)
- Ready to use solution - no dilution required
- Cleans without streaks or residue while achieving hospital-grade efficacy with low contact times
- Citric Acid-based solution is non-irritating and no harsh fumes for the user. Also gentle on equipment making it an excellent choice as a cleaner.
- GE Fight Bac RTU can also be used as a food contact sanitizer with no rinsing or wiping required
- Available in 32 oz spray bottles and 5 gallon pails
FastDraw pH7Q Dual Titan Disinfectant
A multi-purpose, germicidal detergent and deodorant that disinfects, cleans and deodorizes in one labor- saving step. Recommended for use in hospitals, nursing homes, schools/colleges, commercial and industrial institutions. Neutral pH formula is perfect for damp mopping highly polished floors and will never dull, haze or leave a film.
- Effective against COVID-19 virus (10 minute dwell-time)
- Broad spectrum disinfectant kills staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas, salmonella, VRE and MRSA
- Economical ultra concentrate - 1/2 oz. per gallon (1:256). Provides low end-use cost.
- Neutral pH - Won't dull, haze or attack finish. Leaves no film
- Efficacious against Canine Parvo at 2.25 oz. per gallon
Get in touch with one of our Facility Supply specialists, and we’ll get started determining how best we can support your proactive prevention of disease at your organization